Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chocolate Granola

I was making a batch of granola last night.  It was just going to be my basic mix with cinnamon.  That is, until I opened the cabinet door to get the cinnamon out and saw the cocoa powder sitting there. 

Chocolate Granola with toasted pecans and dried cranberries.
You can find the recipe for my basic granola base HERE.  For the chocolate granola I mixed 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1 TBS cinnamon into the oil mixture before adding it to the oat mixture.  From there proceed as usual. 

As a really cool added bonus, this turns your milk chocolatey!!  Who knew you could get that effect from a homemade cereal?  Talk about excited kids. 

Next I'm going to try using apple syrup as my sweetener to make apple cinnamon granola.

No comments:

Post a Comment