Thursday, February 13, 2014

Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies

So the Best Ever Chocolate Cookies were a huge hit with the kids, but the husband said they were too rich.  I loved them, but I also had ideas on how to make them better.  The first idea was peanut butter.  Then I also had some other thoughts on how to tone down the richness of the cookies. 


What I came up with is a cookie that is sort of like a bite sized brownie.  Almost.  It's got this sort of dry, crisp layer on the very outside of the cookie.  Yet the inside is moist and chewy. 

I replaced some of the butter with peanut butter.  I also cut down the amount of cocoa powder a bit.  The other thing I did was change it to using all granulated sugar instead of part brown sugar. 

I think the sugar added a lot of the richness since I had made it myself by mixing black strap molasses with granulated sugar.  It's a much stronger molasses than is generally used in brown sugar.

At any rate, here is the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it.

 

Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350F.

Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

Beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.  Add in eggs and beat until well combined.

Add in flour mixture slowly until well combined.  The dough will be quite thick. 

Place rounded teaspoons on baking sheet about 1 inch apart.  You may want to roll into balls and then flatten slightly on the cookie sheet before baking.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  Cool and enjoy.

Keep an eye out, because I have some other ideas for new flavors with this cookie.    Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment