Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Contemplating Education

If you have been reading this short lived blog for any period of time, you are probably assuming I'm talking about my kids education.  While I do often spend time contemplating the education of my children, at this point in time I'm actually contemplating my own education.

When I was 19 or 20 years old I got a part time Job at a GNC store.  I already had some interest in natural medicine and that sort of thing.  Working there continued to spark my interest and I've been learning things and collecting books ever since. 

I use a lot of what I have learned and do enjoy sharing what I know with others.  The problem is, I really have no authority to back up my knowledge.  20 years ago not many people were able to get any sort of education in areas of natural health.  Although a few schools did exist at that time, I just didn't know about them.

The internet and the booming interest in natural medicine has made formal education in such areas much more accessible.  So now all I have to do is find a credible school that offers online learning (most of which do) and come up with the money to pay for it.  I just wish it was as easy it sounds!

I did find the website for the American Herbalists Guild.  They seem to have compiled a lot of information there that looks helpful.  Now to make a plan! 

What dream have you had laying dormant in the back of your mind?  What can you do to bring it back to life?

1 comment:

  1. I want to get back to riding and training horses. Like you, life just happened and here they stand fat, dumb and happy, and probably as feral as could be. My problem is: (once my leg is healed up) I now have time but I am older and whelp.. that GROUND is so hard and so very away these days for my old bones to be landing on.

    ReplyDelete