Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Favorite Websites

I have a few websites that are my "go-to" sites when I'm looking for homemade stuff. I thought I would share those here in case any of you don't know about them.

WWW.TIPNUT.COM
Tip Nut is my number one website to check when I'm looking for any homemade household cleaner or cheap organizing idea.  Tip Nut is also full of interesting craft ideas and pretty much everything here is done on the cheap.  I first found the site while looking for homemade laundry detergent.  I've tried several from here, and they are all great. 

WWW.CHICKENSINTHEROAD.COM
I've been reading this blog for several years now.  Suzanne McMinn, the author of the blog, started a farm from scratch.  Then moved said farm when she realized her original location (and other things) were not working out as she had hoped.  But what makes it one of my go-to sites is that she makes so much from scratch.  If I want a recipe for a homemade version of something that normally comes in a box from the grocery store, I'll probably find it here.  Don't believe me?  Just go to the blog and search for hamburger helper.  The search bar is little way down on the right and kind of hard to find if you don't know where it is, but keep scrolling and you will find it. 

THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
I have loved Ree Drummond's website since long before she was discovered by FoodNetwork.  She has a variety of topics on her website that she blogs about and I pretty much love to read anything she writes.  However, what really keep me (and I suspect many others) coming back are the recipes.  This is where I go when I want to find a recipe that will have a WOW factor.  Most of the time I can find something that is amazingly simple and won't break the budget.  I also love that most of her recipes are easily adaptable, because I can never just use a recipe as it's written. 

WWW.FLYLADY.NET
This is my dirty little secret.  Most in my inner circle know that I am organizationally challenged.  In fact, I readily admit this to people on a regular basis.  I just don't let many see just how bad the reality of it is.  But I'm trying and slowly I'm improving.  This is the website that keeps me afloat.  I've gone on and off this system for years, and it is always an amazing thing when I'm on it.  There are three Fly Lady quotes that keep me going on the more difficult days.  1) "You are not behind.  Just jump in where you are."  2) "You can do anything for 15 minutes."  3) "Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family."

So there you have it, a few of my favorites that keep me going.  I don't do much as written, but these are huge inspirations for me.  You should know, I purposely left off google even though I use it a ton for this sort of thing as well.  The main reason for that is because even when I google, I find that it just guides me back to one of my staple websites when I'm looking for things in these areas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment